Top 5 Courses you’ve played + the Top 5 you wish to play!
Golf Chats is a website to encourage discussions on various subjects relating to the game of golf. I am Mel Sole, Director of Instruction of the Mel Sole Golf School and SAPGA Master Professional. I invite you to enter into a discussion on this or any article on the golfchats.com website. The input is for the entire subscriber base to learn something new each time! Please post your comments below. Keep it clean and tasteful. We are here to learn from one another!
Someone asked me recently to quickly name the top 5 courses on my wish list.
That wish list includes many more than the 5 that I’ve selected here. 5 are in the USA, and 5 are in The Rest of the World!
Thought I’d share the ones that came to me when I couldn’t take time to ponder.
5 Golf Courses I’ve Played in the USA.
1. Augusta National. Augusta, GA.
The finest golf experience I have ever had!
2. Cypress Point. Pebble Beach, CA.
A pleasure to play. Tough though!
3. Pebble Beach Golf Links. Pebble Beach, CA.
The vistas take your mind away from your golf!
4. Shinnecock Hills. Southhampton, NY.
Looks like a wide-open course, but drive the ball straight!
5. The National Golf Links of America. Southhampton, NY.
What a treat to play this the day after I played Shinnecock Hills!
The Rest of the World.
6. Royal County Down, Ireland.
I’ve only played this once. Would love to go back.
7. Ballybunion, Ireland.
My favorite golf course in the World! Need I say more.
8. Old Head, Ireland.
Like Pebble Beach, breathtaking scenery.
9. Durban Country Club. Durban, South Africa.
The finest venue in South Africa. Many SA Opens have been played here.
10. St Andrews Old. St Andrews, Scotland.
Needs no introduction!
5 Golf Courses I wish to play in the USA.
1. Oakmont CC, Pittsburgh, PA.
I have been invited but have not yet made it up to Pittsburgh.
2. Whistling Straits, Kohler, WI.
Reminds me of Scotland.
3. Bandon Dunes, North Bend, OR.
Reminds me of Ireland.
4. Pine Valley, Camden, NJ.
The #1 course in the world. Need an invite to get on there!
5. Merion, (East) Haverford Township, PA.
Hope to play this in the next 12 months.
Rest of the World.
6. Cabot Links and Cabot Cliffs in Nova Scotia, Canada.
These courses are on several World Top 100 lists. Stunning links courses with breathtaking cliffs that have evoked the phrase “Pebble Beach on steroids.” Next question!
7. Cape Kidnappers On the east coast of New Zealand’s North Island.
When you see images of this amazing course, you’ll know why I’d love to play it!
8. Royal Melbourne. Australia.
Highly unlikely I’ll ever get over there. But never say never!
9. Muirfield. Gullane, Scotland.
Hope to play there on the next trip I hosted to Scotland in 2017.
10. Royal Portrush. Ireland.
Same here. Hope to play the next trip I take over there in 2023.
Let me know which ones YOU would select, and post the answers below! Thanks for your participation.
Source: Mel Sole
Thanks for reading – Top 5 Courses you’ve played + the Top 5 you wish to play!
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL, LIKE THIS VIDEO, SHARE IT WITH A FRIEND, LEAVE A COMMENT!