What influences Posture?
What influences Posture?
Golf Chats.com is a website to encourage discussions on various subjects relating to the game of golf. I am Mel Sole, and SAPGA Master Professional. Most of the time, I teach at Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club. I teach at Holiday Valley Resort in Ellicottville, NY, and occasionally at Sea Trail Resort at Sunset Beach in NC during June and July. Most of the teaching at this location is done by my long-time instructor David Olberding.
As your host, I invite you to discuss this or any article on the golfchats.com website. The input is for the entire subscriber base to learn something new each time! Please post your comments below. Keep it clean and tasteful. We are here to learn from one another!
Today’s subject is posture.
I see hundreds of different postures, not only amongst amateurs but also among the pros. Not so much now, as the gyms and fitness coaches have put most PGA professionals in great shape. But not so many of the older amateur golfers who were businessmen and now have become golf enthusiasts and are looking for ideas (and miracles) to improve their golf game.
Because we all have different physiques, arm lengths, and leg lengths, there had to be a better way of always getting into the correct posture for each golfer – and there is!
Mike is one of the leading teachers in the US and is in the Teachers Hall of Fame because of his work with biomechanics. This is his way of getting the correct posture for each individual golfer.
- Bend forward with slightly bent knees and place your palms flat on your thighs.
- Put the index finger of each hand on the top of the kneecap.
- Now, relax your arms (keeping the posture) and let them hang loosely. They should hang at 90 degrees to your shoulders.
- Place your hands together without moving the arms forward or back. (no matter how weird it may feel in the beginning)
- Place a club in your hands (again without moving the arms towards or away from your body)
- This is the correct posture for you. Practice this at home until it starts feeling comfortable.
Another factor that can influence posture is Club length.
Make sure you go to a certified clubfitter and check that your club length and lie angles are correct for you in your new posture.
Thanks for watching – What influences Posture?
An easy daily exercise to improve your golf posture.
Is your posture at work affecting your play?
A Stretch for the ages – for good posture and a good golf swing – Try this!
6 rules for core training – What we thought to be true is now a myth!
Get your set-up position 100% correct 100% of the time!
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL, LIKE THIS VIDEO, SHARE IT WITH A FRIEND, LEAVE A COMMENT!
Tags: golf instruction, golf lessons, how to get the correct posture, Mel Sole, Mel Sole Golf School, posture